MEMORIAL CHAPEL WILL BE COMPLETED ON TIME

SEVERAL "GOODIES" DISMISSED IN SEASONAL LAY-OFF

Refusal of the plasterers' union to accept a cut in the wages of workmen employed on the new Memorial Chapel will not cause the completion of the building to fall materially behind schedule, R. K. Lamb '28, secretary for information, stated yesterday. The contractors themselves will continue the work of plastering with the assistance of a few unskilled laborers.

It is further expected that all the exterior scaffolding on the chapel will be removed before Commencement in June.

Although the regular wages of most University employees have been maintained, several painters and carpenters in the regular employ of the institution have been "staggered", being permitted to work only four days a week at their regular wages.

Union Rejects Wage Slash

The regular wages of the plasterers as regulated by the union are $13 per day, so that they were not permitted to accept a 15 per cent cut from that figure without its consent; all questions of wage level are decided by the union at periodic executive meetings.

Dismissal of several "goodies" in the House yesterday occasioned some comment among House members. According to officials of the University, this reduction in the staff is a purely seasonal one, and is caused by the withdrawal of some of the Seniors at this time.