COLORFUL 1935 JUBILEE IS SCHEDULED TONIGHT

PIANIST AND ACCORDION PLAYER WILL ENTERTAIN

Under a vivid canopy of red and white streamers, which will float over one thousand multi-colored balloons, the members of the Class of 1935 will celebrate the Freshman Jubilee this evening in the new setting provided by the Freshman Union. The strains of Jack Marshard's twenty-piece orchestra will supplement the carnival background of what promises to be a more colorful jubilee than any held in the small area provided by Smith Halls.

Evergreens To Be Used

In addition to the streamers and floating balloons, the enormous room, with its rich atmosphere, will be decorated with evergreens. Dark coats and white flannels or tuxedoes are the accepted mode of dress for the first year men.

In the Large Living Room downstairs, there will be no dancing, but a professional pianist and crooner will play and sing requested selections throughout the evening. Upstairs a prominent accordion artist will entertain in the Common Room. In addition, a couple playing the violin and guitar will stroll through the building entertaining those who are not dancing.

The dining room will be closed at 6.30 o'clock tonight in order to enable the extensive decorations to be completed by ten o'clock, the hour when the dance begins.

Mrs. I. Tucker Burr heads the patronesses who begin receiving at 10 o'clock. Allston Boyer '35 is chairman of the Jubilee Committee while E. F. Bowditch, president of the freshman class, heads the ushers.

Instead of $7.50 for couples and $5 for stags, as in the past, the price will be $5 and $3. Rigid economy on the part of the Jubilee Committee has cut over $1000 off the expenses of giving the affair.