A Tribute to Professor Carver

THE MAIL

(Ed. Note--The Crimson does not necessarily endorse opinions expressed in printed communications. No attention will be paid to anonymous letters and only under special conditions, at the request of the writer will names be withheld.)

To the Editor of the CRIMSON:

For purposes of publication, I submit a copy of the resolution taken by the members of the last class of Professor Thomas Nixon Carver of Harvard.

We, the members of Professor Thomas Nixon Carver's last class at Harvard, feel that a great responsibility has been placed upon us. Consequently we have, as a class and as a group of men, resolved that Professor Carver shall not, retire from active teaching without seeing signs of positive results from the last of those fortunates who have been under his tutelage.

Knowledge cannot be disseminated in a moment. But we hail Professor Carver as a teacher who is capable of presenting an individual philosophy of life which recognizes the dominant importance of the interests of the group. That such a philosophy is needed in this sick world is obvious.

We are cognizant of our good fortune in having been under the inspired teaching of Professor Carver. We wish him continued success. Members of Sociology 3.