Business To Claim Largest Share of Graduating Class, Album Survey Shows--Law, Medicine, Teaching Are Next in Order

The Class of 1932 shows a decided preference for business pursuits in spite of the economic depression, vocational preferences expressed in the newly-issued Senior Album reveal. Two hundred and two members of the graduating class intend to take positions in the ranks of business, while the legal profession, next in line, will claim 116. Medicine and teaching with 89 and 75 respectively rank third and fourth. A large part of the class, numbering 171, has not as yet decided on a definite occupation.

While no figures have been compiled in former years, it is believed that the number of men entering academic life is considerably greater than usual.

The statistics presented below have been grouped together under convenient headings, but no attempt to list all occupations has been made. Business  202 (including insurance, advertising, etc.) Undecided  171 Law  116 Medicine  89 Teaching  75 Engineering  34 Miscellaneous  34 (including such diverse pursuits as chemist, physicist, anthropologist, professional tennis instructor, etc.) Banking  30 Journalism, Publishing and Writing  28 Architecture  15 Ministry  9 Diplomacy and Foreign Service  6 Aviation  2 Farming  1 Cinema  1