COUNCIL CHOOSES SALTONSTALL FOR 1932-3 PRESIDENT

Five Juniors and Three Sophomores Selected by Nine Members Elected In Voting Last Week

Robert Saltonstall, Jr. '33, of Readville, was elected president of the Student Council for next year at a meeting held last Saturday. The other officers chosen for next year are as follows: secretary, Peregrine White '33, of Beverly; treasurer, Hamilton Young '33, of Newton.

At the close of balloting held last week, six members of 1933 and three members of 1934 were elected to membership in next year's Council. These men met on Friday evening in University Hall to elect five additional Juniors and three additional Sophomores to complete the full number of the group. Of the newly-elected officers, only one, Young, was appointed on Friday.

New Members Appointed

The following men were appointed members: Richard Bassett '34, of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; Stuart Callender Dorman '33, of New York City; Roger Haydock Hallowell '33, of Readville; William Andrew Schroeder, Jr. '33, of McKeesport, Pennsylvania; Bradford Simmons '34, of Baltimore, Maryland; William Sowden Sims, Jr. '33, of Boston; Atreus von Schrader, Jr. '34, of New York City; and Young. Election of the officers was held on Saturday, after the eight additional members had been appointed, the meeting being the last to take place this spring.

The Student Council which has just retired compiled a report treating employment of students, student waiting, room prices, food prices and the cost of the House plan. The report, portions of which will be published at a later date, is now in the final stages of completion.