DEAN SAYLES RESIGNS FROM BUSINESS SCHOOL

Leaves To Work in Advertising Firm In New York--Robert Pool Succeeds Him as Lacrosse Coach

The resignation of Madison Sayles '27, assistant dean of the Business School and coach of the varsity lacrosse team, was announced yesterday. He will become associated with W. B. Bradbury '29 in an advertising firm in New York.

Sayles has been connected with the Business School for three years, for the last two in the capacity of assistant dean, and is well known as football and lacrosse coach, manager of intramural sports, and as the leading spirit in the annual touch football game between faculty and students.

Sayles was a star player on the 1925 and 1926 football teams, and after his graduation turned his attention to lacrosse coaching. As coach for the last two years he has turned out teams which have met with outstanding success.

With the resignation of Sayles, it is expected that Robert Pool, formerly captain of the St. John's College lacrosse team, will take over the head coaching berth. Pool, who came to Harvard last year, introduced here the St. John's system of play, which gave that college the national and intercollegiate titles under Pool's captaincy.