MORRISON IS EDITOR OF GRADUATES' MAGAZINE

INTENDS TO CONTINUE CRITICISM OF UNIVERSITY

Theodore Morrison '23, instructor in English, has been chosen editor of the Harvard Graduates' Magazine for the coming year, it was learned yesterday. Morrison succeeds Bernard De Voto '18, instructor in English, who resigned last spring.

Morrison is the author of a poem entitled "The Serpent in the Clouds" and has been a contributor to various magazines both in this country and abroad. He has been connected with the Alumni Bulletin in the capacity of book review editor until his retirement to take up his new duties this year.

University Editors Abandoned

Questioned last night, the new editor said that he planned no drastic changes either in the physical makeup or in the policies of the publication. the regular articles by University editors will be abandoned, however, and a regular column by Edward Riggs, editor of the Atlantic Monthly Press, dealing with University affairs, put in their place.

Will Continue Frank Criticism

"The Graduates' Magazine will continue its frank criticism of the University," Morrison stated last night. "Criticism is called for and the Graduates' Magazine seems to be one of the mediums for it. The general policies of Mr. De Voto will be continued."

Although the University editors have been abandoned, it is planned to have one undergraduate editor, as in former years, who will present the undergraduates' point of view. This editor has not been chosen as yet, however.

The magazine is a quarterly publication carrying articles deal'vg chiefly with the affairs of the University. It was established in 1892 as a medium for graduate comment and criticism. During his term as editor De Voto contributed toward making the magazine "one of the few periodicals that can openly make constructive criticism of Harvard," as one of the contributors said in commenting on his retirement.