VARSITY ROLLS UP THREE TOUCHDOWNS AGAINST SECONDS

Ferry and Cullen Are Raised to Varsity Squad--First Team To Start Against Buffalo Saturday

Looking considerably better than on Monday, the Varsity A and B teams rolled up three touchdowns against the Jayvees yesterday afternoon. Pescosolido, Locke, and Nevin each romped over the line for a score, while the coaches kept constantly sending in replacements.

Coach Casey added two more men to the University squad yesterday: A. N. Ferry '34 and J. P. Cullen '34, the first a back and the second a tackle. Both played on the Second Varsity last year.

After an exchange of kicks in the scrimmage yesterday, the A lineup finally gained a first down on the 17-yard line after a pretty run by Pescosolido, who benefited from some pretty blocking on the part of Hurlburt and Waters. After a seven yard tackle smash by Hurlburt had gained another first down on the four yard line, Pescosolido plunged through for a score, but the attempt at the crossbars was blocked by Potter of the Jayvees.

Locke ran around the end for the second score shortly after he had replaced Grady, while the third touchdown was made with Whitney, Dean, Nevin, and Crickard in the backfield. Crickard ripped off a beautiful 25-yard run which would have been a certain touchdown had not the fast Crimson back been thrown off his balance by an attempted tackle and rolled on the ground for an instant, thus making the ball dead under the new rules; the incident marked Harvard's first use of the new rules.

University coaches definitely announced yesterday that the first team would start against Buffalo on Saturday. F. Gleason and Casey are the only two men surely out of that contest, although Whitney, Dow, D. Gleason, Bennett, and Walcott all suffered minor injuries of one sort or another in the scrimmage yesterday afternoon. Hardy was kept out of the contact work, while the coaches gave A. Kidder a chance to show his mettle in the position of Harvard's great tackle.

The lineups:

Team A--Nazro, l.e.; Kidder, l.t.; Esterly, l.g.; Hallowell, c.; Gundlach, r.g.; Bancroft, r.t.; Hageman, r.e.; Wells, q.; Hurlbut, r.h.; Pescosolido, l.h.; Waters, f.

Team B--Bartol, l.e.; Littlefield, ;.t.; Healey, l.g.; Gleason, c.; Rogers, r.g.; Francisco, r.t.; Cassedy, Walcott, r.e.; Whitney, q.; Dean, l.h.; Crickard, r.h.; Nevin, f.b.