THE NEW ALUMNI CENTER

The centralization of Alumni affairs in Wadsworth House is an encouraging forward step for the largest but least organized body of the University. Hitherto scattered about at random, the main offices of the Alumni, except for the Bulletin and the Directory, which is really a part of the University, are now united in one building. Not only will this be a great convenience for these actively engaged in the offices; it will also simplify any dealings of outsiders with them.

The choice of Wadsworth House, moreover, has a greater significance. With the conversion of the yard and the Union into Freshman centers, the old college landmarks are either disappearing or losing their traditional aspect. Wadsworth House, as one of the few historic remainders, is most suitable for an Alumni center. With this in view, the Association hopes to be able to furnish part of the House as a gathering room. Nothing elaborate is possible in such limited space, nor is it needed, with the facilities of the Harvard Club in Boston so close at hand. The convenience which the new center provides will prove of considerable value to the alumnus in maintaining closer relations with his class and University.