FUTURE CAREER MEN TO HEAR BOAL AT LOWELL

Charge d'Affaires at Ottawa To Hold Meeting This Afternoon--Has Been Awarded Many Honors

Harvard undergraduates who contemplate entering the Foreign Service of the United States after graduation from college are offered an opportunity today to hear about this kind of work from Pierre de Lagarde Boal. Charge d'Affaires at Ottawa, Canada. Boal is to conduct an informal meeting for all men interested at 4.30 o'clock in the Lowell House tower room on the sixth floor of F entry.

Boal's career in the Foreign Service of the United States began in 1919, when on December 20, he was appointed Secretary of the Embassy assigned to Mexico City. The following year took the secretary back to Washington to serve as Secretary of the International Conference on Electrical Communication held in 1920. After duty at Warsaw in 1922, Boal was sent to Berne, Switzerland, and to Lima, Peru. In 1929 his appointment was made as Acting Secretary General of the Commission of Inquiry and Conciliation, Bolivia and Paraguay, which sat in Washington. He has been awarded the Lafayette Flying Corps ribbon, the Legion of Order of the Sun (Peru), and Order of St. Sava (Jugoslavia).