TRAINING TABLES MOVED TO HOUSES FOR REST OF YEAR

Hockey Team Will Eat at Dunster While Track Men Go To Adams--Six Student Waiters Lose Employment

Beginning today, Varsity athletes will eat at special training tables in the House instead of at the Varsity club, it was announced yesterday by H. w. Clark '23, secretary of the H. A. A. The new system, primarily an economy measure, will be inaugurated at lunch today with a table for Varsity track men in Adams House and one for hockey players in Dunster.

The abandonment of the training table in the Varsity Club is primarily the result of the decreased budget of the H. A. A. It is expected that between $1000 and $2000 a year will be saved under the new system. The change was first proposed two years ago, but was opposed by undergraduate members of the Athletic committee and postponed. The former method will be resumed if the new experiment does not justify expectations of economy, or if its effect on House solidarity is considered detrimental, according to Clark.

Approximately 60 men are expected to eat at the training tables in the Winter and Spring, with 100 patronizing them in the Fall. The Varsity Club will remain open as a meeting place for athletes but no food will be served. Under the new system six student waiters who have earned their board at the Varsity Club will lose employment.

The plan is for the training tables for each sport to be placed in whatever House the captain resides.