FRESHMAN MALLETMEN DROP GAME TO JAYVEES

First-Year Players Lose Early Lead To Steadier Team--Seconds Win by One And One-Half Points.

Playing with no little individual brilliance, yet seeming to lack the team work expected of them, the Freshman polo team lost to a more steady Jayvee team, 6 1-2 to 8, at the Commonwealth Armory on Saturday evening. Getting an early lead of two points which they maintained during the first two chukkers the first-year men played easily. With persistent driving, however, the upper-classmen scored two goals in the third period, and evened the count in the fourth. In the fifth period, the Freshmen sought to recover their lead, but instead tell further behind. Jumping at the advantage thus opened, the Jayvee exhibited the fastest play of the evening scoring three times in rapid succession. The last chukker was characterized by desperate and ineffectual attacks by the first-year men, in an endeavor to redeem themselves. Experiences determined the outcome for on the whole there was definitely more potential talent in the Freshman ranks.

The summary JAYVEES  FRESHMEN Oliver, No.1  No. 1. Gerry McGuckin, No. 2  No. 2. Jay (Gerry) Benson, back  back, Davis (Prentice)

Score--Jayvees S. Freshmen 6 1-2. Goals--Oliver 4, Benson 3, Davis 2, McGuckin, Gerry, Jay, Prentice, Pony, Fouls--Freshmen 1-2. Time--six 5-minute chukkers. Referee--Lyle Phillips.