FAY AND BUELL TO TALK AT MEETING OF INQUIRY

PROGRAM OF ORGANIZATION TO BE DIFFERENT FROM LAST YEAR

Sidney B. Fay '96, Professor of History, and Raymond L. Buell, of the Foreign Policies Association, will be the speakers at the first open meeting of the Harvard Inquiry, to be held on Monday, at 7.30 o'clock in the Lowell House common room. Their mutual subject will be "The Crisis in Europe." Following these short addresses, an opportunity will be given for members of the audience to ask questions and express their own views in the form of an open discussion among those present at the meeting.

The Inquiry's program for this year is to follow somewhat different lines than that of last. Instead of limiting itself to a single topic, such as the depression, it plans to embrace a wider variety of subjects There will also be at least one meeting on the National Recovery Program, and several on different phases of domestic policy.

As in former years, the Inquiry plans to remain a non-partisan organization, with wide ranges of opinion represented on its governing boards. As an organization, it refrains from taking a definite stand on any topic, but it receives at its open forums both liberal and conservative, radical and reactionary.

The inquiry has especially arranged this meeting at the present time in order to give students a chance to hear an authoritative discussion of the vital issues involved in the withdrawal of Germany from the League of Nations, the breakdown of the Disarmament Conference, and the menace of Hitlerism. The officers feel that there is much of interest to undergraduates in the recent developments abroad, both in Europe and in the Far East on which to base the subjects of their meetings.