Coop Distributes $56,000 In Dividends October 13

Dividend Rate Reduced From 10, 8 Percent, to 9, 7 Percent

George E. Cole, manager of the Harvard Cooperative Society, announced yesterday that last year's dividends, amounting to $50,000, will be distributed on Friday, October 13. The rate on the dividend has been reduced from ten per cent on cash, and eight per cent on charge purchases, as in previous years, to nine and seven per cent respectively, despite the ten per cent cut in salary that the Coop adopted at the beginning of the last fiscal year, in anticipation of a smaller volume of business.

A list of nominations for stockholders, officers, and directors, in accordance with the by-laws of the Society, was also announced. F. Lowell Kennedy '92, was ronominated stockholder for five years; Richard W. Thorpe was also nominated for this position. Erwin H. Schell and Harold E. Lobdell were nominated for stockholders until 1934 and 1937 respectively, to fill out the terms of two M.I.T. stockholders, one of whom died, and the other of whom resigned. The following have been nominated officers for one year: president, Henry S. Thompson '99; vice president, Austin W. Scott; secretary, Walter Humphreys; treasurer, John L. Taylor. For other directors for one year, the following were nominated: from Harvard at large, Delmar Leighton '19, and Alfred C. Redfield '14; from M. I. T. at large, Horace S. Ford and Jasper Whiting; from officers of Harvard, Clinton P. Biddle; from alumni of Harvard, Kenneth B. Murdock '16; from students of M.I.T., H. Neal Karr; from Senior class of Harvard. Theodore Chase '34; from Junior class of Harvard, E. F. Bowditch '35; from Sophomore Class of Harvard, R. S. Playfair '36