FLYING CLUB MEETS AT P.B.H. TO START SEASON

PLAN FLYING MEET SCHEDULE WITH EASTERN COLLEGES

The Harvard Flying Club begins its activities tomorrow with an open meeting at the Phillips Brooks House at 7.30 o'clock. This meeting is not only for the purpose of enrolling new candidates for the club, but is also for determining the general state of aviation interest in the university. It is therefore urged that all men interested in flying be present.

The club has recently received word that it was awarded third place in the annual Loening Intercollegiate Flying Club contest, having lost by a narrow margin to the clubs from William and Mary College and the University of Michigan. Strenuous efforts will be made during the year to regain the Loening trophy, which Harvard has frequently held in the past.

Although no arrangements have been made as yet, there is a possibility that the Flying Club may take part in intercollegiate flying meets with one or more colleges. Several eastern colleges, including Brown and M.I.T. have active flying clubs at the present time.

The officers of the Club are: president, Archibald M. Brown, Jr. '34; secretary, J. Cheever Cowdin '35; treasurer, Beeckman C. Fairbank '34. The Club has now approximately 20 members.