IHLDER TO LECTURE ON AIM OF CITY PLANNING

First of Series of Talks by Experts in Field of City Planning To Be Given This Morning in Robinson Hall

A talk by John Ihlder, executive director of the Boston Housing Association and the Pittsburgh Housing Association, will be given this morning at 11 o'clock in Robinson Hall as the first in a series of addresses by outside experts to the School of City Planning. His subject will be "The Aim of City Planning."

Mr. Ihlder will trace modern zoning back to the days of the Egyptians, Greeks, and Romans, pointing out the effects of poor city planning, and the social results that are derived from it. He will also show how poor city planning has been bettered by experience through the ages.

The second lecture by an outside authority will be given on Monday, December 4, when Ex-Congressman Edward M. Bassett of New York will speak on "Limiting the Heights of Buildings through zoning. Mr. Bassett is internationally known as a zoning authority.

The School of City Planning is the fist of its kind in the United States and is under the direction of Professor Howard K. Menhinick. In addition to lectures by him, addresses will also be given by Jay Downer, Chief Engineer of the Westchester County Park Commission, Charles W. Eliot, grandson of Harvard's late President and former Director of the Planning Commission of Washington.