THE CRIMSON PLAYGOER

"ONE MAN'S JOURNEY"--University

Movies

Majestic--"Cavalcade." The film which has been variously hailed as the "picture of the generation," "the greatest film in the English language," and "the greatest film since the talkies." The directing of Noel Coward's latest is suporb; it should be seen, by all means.

Tremont--"Rasputin and the Empress." The acting of the Barrymoros makes this worth seeing. Noithor this nor "Cavalcado" are at popular prices yet.

Fine Arts--"Der Kongross Tanxt." A remarkable German film, shown with English titles. See this immediately; a treat is in store for you.

Loew's State and Orphoum--"Hallelujah, I'm a Bum." AI Jolson returns to the movies but is not so hot in this one.

Modern--"Tonight is Ours." Fredric March and Claudette Colbert. Need we say more?

University--"Fast Life." William Haines and Madge Evans in a mildly boring affair. Also Edmund Lowe in "The Devil is Driving."

Coming

Colonial--"Forsaking All Others." Tallulah Bankhead steps onto the legitimate stage. Opening Monday night.

Symphony Hall--Paderewski in his only Boston appearance on Sunday afternoon, followed by Paul Whiteman with Whiteman specialties in the evening.

The Howard Athenaeum--Reopening. This will be a gala affair, girls, with all the town's best in their Sunday finery.

The Stage

Peabody Playhouse--"The Sacred Flame." Somerset Maugham's play, done in a truly professional manner by The Stagers. This week only. $1.25 top price, no tax.

Wilbur--"That's Gratitude." Taylor Holmes and J. C. Nugent in an amusing comedy by Frank Craven.

Copley--"The Prince of Pilsen." A revival of an old musical comedy at popular prices. Best seats $1.65.