HARVARD BAND TAKES THIRD PLACE IN PARADE

Worlds Fair Prize Winners Chosen by Judges as Better--10,000 in Line Of March

Despite the fact that it was deemed to be the most outstanding unit in the line of march the Harvard University Band only placed third in the opinion of the judges as compared with other bands marching in the NRA parado which passed through Harvard Square shortly before 8 o'clock last evening. The Alexander Graham Post of the American Legion was awarded first prize and the Waltham High School Band second place. Both the Legion and the Waltham band were prize winners at the Worlds Fair this summer.

The Harvard Band led the parade following the detail of Cambridge police, which leads every parade and was enthusiastically applauded along the line of march by an estimated audience of over 60,000. Despite the cold there were about ten thousand marchers in the parade that signified Cambridge's support of the National Recovery program. This number also included numerous floats and vehicles representing nearly all of the local business organizations which are affiliated with the NRA.

The parade assembled at Lafayette Square and passed reviewing stands at Central Square and Christ Church, and disbanded at the Cambridge Common.