HARVARD HOST TO MODEL LEAGUE OF NATIONS IN MARCH

Hoffman To Head Harvard Delegation Which Will Hold Initial Meeting Within Month

On Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, March 9, 10, and 11, Harvard will act as host to the eighth annual meeting of the New England Model League of Nations. The organization, in which 31 New England colleges are now participating members, was founded in 1927 to stimulate interest in the procedure and activity of the League of Nations at Geneva and to acquaint undergraduates interested in international affairs with the difficulties involved in present-day diplomacy.

A committee, headed by Cullison Cady '35, has already been appointed to take charge of the reception of guests, representing Phillips Brooks House, and Victor H. Kramer '35, representing the Liberal Club. In collaboration with a similar group of students, representing the Radcliffe International Relations and Liberal Clubs, this committee will assume the responsibility for the accommodation of the various delegates.

Similar to last year, there is one Harvard representative on the Executive Council, as Malcolm S. Knowles '34 has been appointed to the position of Secretary-General. The other members of the Council include: Emily Lewis '34, Smith College, president; Nina Tucker '34, Wellesley College, treasurer; and, Jesse McKnight '34, Clark University, legal adviser. The agenda and the apportionment of nations to the various colleges has not yet been decided upon, but will be taken up at the next meeting of the Executive Council, to be held shortly after Saturday, November 18. The problems to be discussed, however, will concern several of the important questions now facing the League at Geneva, such as disarmament, particularly as regards the revision of the Versailles Treaty.

Malcolm A. Hoffman '34, will head the Harvard delegation, which will hold its initial meeting within the next month. All interested are invited to attend.