MOSELEY LOST FOR NEXT GAMES WITH FRACTURED ANKLE

Barrett and Lowe Make Touchdowns in Fast Practice--Nevin and Whitney On Injured List

By R.w. Paul

Fred Moseley, Varsity substitute back, broke his ankle during a scrimmage with the Jayvees yesterday afternoon, and will be out of action for the remainder of the season. During the scrimmage in which this accident occurred the Varsity defeated the Jayvees 18-0.

Moseley's injury comes on the eve of the Lehigh game in which Moseley was to have been given his first chance in Varsity competition. He has been handicapped during the greater part of the season by another injury received just before the Bates game and was only recently declared physically sound again by Doctor Thorndike. On the play in which the accident occurred Moseley carried the ball around his own right end for 12 yards, and his right ankle was broken when two Jayvee backs tackled him. His injury represents a loss to the hockey team as well as the football squad, for he was a star center on the Freshman sextet last winter. He will not be ready for action before January.

In the scrimmage yesterday the Varsity's second string met a composite team made up from the Jayvee "A" and "B" teams. Hour examinations kept a large part of the Jayvee squad off the field. Gardner Prouty provided the first touchdown after Moseley, Barrett, and Pesky had advanced the ball to the 10-yard line in a series of short rushes.

After this score the Jayvees were given the ball on their own 30-yard line and drove through to a first down. A quick kick sent the pigskin out of bounds on the Varsity 35. From there Pesky carried it to midfield, and then he and Art Barrett drove, through for five more yards. On the next play aided by a beautiful block by Will Burton, Barrett broke loose for a touchdown.

The final score was made on a pass from Prouty to Lowe. The Varsity had received the ball on the Jayvee 35-yard line, and after small gains by Litman, Barrett, and Prouty, Barrett again took the ball and smashed through to the 15-yard line. Prouty's pass completed the scrimmage.

Another injury reported yesterday will keep Stan Whitney off the field for 10 days. Charley Nevin, who has been on the injured list for the past week, is improving and will be back in action in a short time.

In the Varsity lineup yesterday it was revealed that Eddy Rogers is ranked on equal terms with Leon Francisco. Haley is the ranking quarterback. Three regulars, Choate, Lane, and Wells were excused from practice yesterday. The Varsity "A" lineup for signals was: White, l.e.; Francisco (Rogers), l.g.; Crane, l.g.; Casey, c.; Gundlach, r.g.; Kopans, r.t.; Nazro, r.e.; Haley, q.b.; Locke (Sherman), l.h.b.; Beale, r.h.b.; Dean, f.b.

In the scrimmage the Varsity lineup was: White (Cheek), l.e.; Littlefield (Cullen) l.t.; Gulian (Brookings), l.g.; Lockwood (Casale), c.; Casale (Healey), r.g.; Burton, r.t.; Kelly (Lowe), r.e.; Prouty, q.b.; Moseley (Pescosolido, Adzigian), l.h.b.; Barrett, r.h.b.; Litman, f.b.STANTON WHITNEY '34, quarterback who is out of the Lehigh game because of an injury to his arm.