CORPORATION SHELVES DEBATING CLUB ACTION

CORPORATION MAY CONSIDER THE MATTER NOVEMBER 27

Apparently ignoring the two petitions of the Debating Council requesting the appointment of a Director of Debate, and the setting aside of a permanent meeting place for the Council, the Corporation met yesterday morning, and then adjourned until Monday, November 27. The University News Bureu, while not yet in possession of the official minutes, stated that the results of the meeting were "practically nil." Reached at his office, Charles P. Curtis '85, a member of the Corporation, said that the subjects petitioned by the Council had not been brought up at all. Francis W. Hunnewell '02, secretary of the Corporation, declined either to confirm or to deny this statement.

The two petitions filed by the Debating Council requested the University to appoint officially a Director and Coach for the Debating team, and to assign the Council a meeting place of their own. Edward M. Rowe '27, who has been coaching the debaters without pay, was unanimously nominated for this directorship. The Council also made a suggestion in regard to a meeting place, but what this was, Asa E. Phillips, Jr. '34, and Robert Breckenridge '34, officers of the Council, would not divulge.