JANIEN MOVED TO FULLBACK IN NEW SHIFT YESTERDAY

Coaches Stress Assignments in Indoor Practice as Demonstration of Brown Plays in Given

Cedric Janien was the center of the latest shift in the Varsity lineup when he was moved onto the A team at fullback, and his name was added to the list of candidates for that position.

Captain Dean was bumped pretty hard in the Army game and it is doubtful whether he will be able to start on Saturday. On Tuesday, Nevin was put in at the fullback post and was primed as a reserve or possible starter in that berth. Yesterday it was Janien who had the workout there and Nevin was relegated to the B outfit. The starting back in the department is till uncertain, but the choice will probably lie between Janien and Nevin. Janien looked good in the practices both on Tuesday and yesterday, and may get the call over Nevin in today's session.

With the temperature on Soldiers Field ranging between 15 and 20 degrees above zero, the coaches decided not to take any chances with the players by working them outdoors and the practice was held in the Briggs Cage. This shift of scene don't hamper the squad, however, for Casey gave the team a hard workout. There was scrimmage for the A team with four coaches as opposition when assignment work was stressed. Then the Jayvees were brought in and gave a demonstration of Brown plays under the supervision of Scout Wesley Fesler. The final touch was put on the A team when the players were lined up for a 40-minute stationary scrimmage against the Jayvees. Janien carried out his assignments to the satisfaction of the coaches and at present appears as the likeliest starter in the game Saturday.

With the exception of Janien the lineups remained unchanged. Cheek continued to perform at left end, flanking Francisco at tackle and Schumann at guard. Casey was still in the pivot post and the other side of the line remained the same as during the entire season.