ELEVEN SNAPS OUT OF DAZE TO DEFEAT BRUIN TEAM, 12-6

Coach Casey's Latest Choice at Right Half Puts on Flashy Show--Practice Sessions To Put Polish on Offense

By O. F. Ingram

Harvard's revamped football machine began to hit on all cylinders for the first time this season and Coach Casey's latest choices for Team A honors were the shining lights in the 12-6 triumph over Brown on Saturday.

In spite of the fact that a deadlock was prevented only by Mickey Walker's illegal kick, which gave Harvard the ball in scoring territory, the Crimson showed for the first time that it could do something when the goal-line was in sight. In the plays, both by men playing in new holes, Danny Wells and Chet Litman, the ball was carried from the 14-yard line for a score. Credit for the victory must go to the New Deal in the football team, which put in a new left side of the line and completely jumbled up the backfield.

Both scores were made possible by these latest additions to Team A. Wells' pass to Cheek paved the way for Litman to go over the first touchdown, and Litman's and Wells' running propensities accounted for the second. It looked as if Coach Casey's radical late-season shift was good medicine and resorted shattered hopes for a clinching victory over Yale next Saturday. The new left side of the forward wall didn't quite come up to expectations and Kopans was called back in a hurry after he had given way to Burton, but the whole team was clicking better than it has for some time. Wells tossed some good passes, but he still seems a little inexperienced in his new capacity.

Unless Coach Casey has some more radical changes up his sleeve for the team this week, the practices will probably concentrate on a final polishing up on the offensive assignments.