COMMITTEE ON ATHLETICS CHOOSES WINTER DATES

TOURNAMENT WINNERS IN EVERY SPORT WILL MEET YALE

Dates for the opening of the winter intramural sports seasons were selected Wednesday afternoon at a meeting of the Interhouse Athletic Committee.

Intramural lacrosse will be organized early in December, and a squash tournament will begin on Monday, December 11. Swimming and basketball will be started on Tuesday, December 12, and interhouse relays will be run on Tuesday, December 19 and Wednesday, December 20. Indoor baseball, an addition to the winter athletic program, will begin after Christmas, while boxing, wrestling, and fencing will also be organized at a later date.

The winners of each of these tournaments will meet a corresponding team from Yale at the end of the season next spring, and will receive the customary medals awarded for intramural athletics. Lists of the results of all these contests will be posted in the Hygiene Building as soon as the scores have been announced.

A review of the fall athletic season, according to Arthur W. Todd '35, chairman of the committee, shows that touch football has made the greatest advance over last year. In 1931, there were 28 men taking part; in 1932, 56; and in 1933, 125. Only three of the 28 games scheduled were defaulted.

In the intramural football league, only two games were forfeited, while 225 men took part in the sport. This was a slight increase over last year, and the calibre of football played was distinctly better.

Of the House tennis tournaments, all except one were finished, while golf failed to have such a successful record. It is believed that such tournaments are a valuable part of intramural organization, and they will be continued.