Advocate Christmas Issue Contains Article by Pound

"Ignite, Ignite," by Prominent Poet Discusses Education

The Christmas number of the Harvard Advocate, which will appear shortly before the holidays, will feature an article on American education entitled "Ignite, Ignite," by Ezra Pound, prominent American poet. Mr. Pound is famous as the author of "Cantos," which was published last year, "Canzoni," and "Umbra."

Also featured will be a critical article, "Anabasis of A. MacLeish," by H. M. Wade. There will be a new dramatic column criticizing holiday plays in New York, in addition to the usual book reviews, and the Hodge Podge strip.

Announcement is made of a short story contest sponsored by the magazine, "Story," for which all entries must be handed in to the Advocate. A first prize of $100 will be awarded, and a second prize of $50. Further details of the contest will appear in this number of the magazine.

The list of contents also includes "Bear," by John Cromwell '36, "A Later Harvest," by John C. Walcott '34, "God Rest You Merry, Gentlemen," by Charles H. Newton '36, and "Seven Nights in the Mountains," by Cyrus L. Sulzberger '34. Three poems are to be "Keep Smiling," by Charles A. Smart '26, "A Virgin," by James L. Boyle '35, and "The Seventh Seal," by Eben Crowley '34.

The officers of the Advocate are: Cyrus L. Sulzberger '34, president; Henry C. Thacher '34, business manager; Gordon C. Streeter '34, treasurer.