H.D.C. REHEARSAL VIEWED BY EMINENT DIRECTOR

RHINEHART QUARTET TO SING AT PRESENTATION

Leo Bulgakov, after viewing acts one and two of the Harvard Dramatic Club's production, "Ever the Twain," by Lennox Robinson, was very enthusiastic in his comment and said that he hoped to be present at its world premiere, which will take place at Brattle Hall on Tuesday evening, December 12. Mr. Bulgakov had a distinguished record in the Russian theatre and, before coming to this country, worked under the eminent Stanislavsky at the Moscow Art Theatre. At the present time he is directing that successful comedy, "One Sunday Afternoon," which ran for eight months in New York City. Miss Francesca Bruning was unable to attend the rehearsal because of illness.

Alistair Cooke, director of the play, and who will also direct the Hasty Pudding show next spring, stated that Mr. Bulgakov was particularly enthusiastic about three members of the cast. Also present at the rehearsal was Mr. Edward P. Goodnow, director of the Stagers.

A recent addition to the cast is the Rhinehart Quartet, which proved to be the hit of the H.D.C.'s Saturday night radio program. This undergraduate group of singers, which is to render several negro spirituals in "Ever the Twain" is composed of Francis D. Moore '35, John C. Cort '35, Warren Sturgis '35, and Richard C. Johnson '36.