The Truth About . . .

THE MAIL

(Ed. Note--The Crimson does not necessarily endorse opinions expressed in printed communications. No attention will be paid to anonymous letters and only under special conditions, at the request of the writer, will names be withheld.)

To the Editor of the CRIMSON:

I feel that I should take this opportunity to protest against the disposal of spurious propaganda in the dormitories. I am one of the few individuals on the campus who is actively concerned with bolstering up the at all times shaky structure of good will between foreign and American students. I firmly believe that any future attempts to excite nationalistic and racial prejudices on the part of unauthorized and obviously uninformed persons should be definitely discouraged. . . We must guard against allowing the flotsam of political prejudice casting upon us the stigma that we allow ourselves to be msekly impressed by odoriferous brochures whose sole motivation is the more petty aspects of race antagonism and national chillblains. In this letter I can only appeal to the good sense of the majority of Harvard students to ignore the ridiculous attempts of the nationalist wind-baggers who might possibly bring forth upon us the just condemnation of our now more than amicable foreign student groups who might all too easily show for our own national practices just as scathing "figures" as were cited against the "practices" of the German government, and whose only restraint from so doing seems to me to be good breeding and a certain regard for that friendly spirit that must exist--if it is to exist anywhere--among the intellectuals the world over. Cullison Cady '35.