PRACTICE STARTS FOR FRESHMAN HOCKEY MEN

56 Candidates at Meeting Yesterday Addressed by Varsity Captain and Coach Hodder

Freshman hockey gets under way today with the first practice of the season in the Boston Garden at 3.30 o'clock. Yesterday Coach Hodder '25 met 56 candidates and explained some of the plays to he used this winter. Much good material was found in the men who came out. Paul deB. deGive '34, captain of the Varsity hockey team, spoke concerning the transfering of disciplinary power for breaking training from the coach to the Harvard Athletic Association and pointed out the danger of going on probation before the Yale game.

The schedule for the season is as follows: December 20, Belmont Hill; January 6, Noble and Greenough at Dedham: January 10, Belmont High; January 13, Milton Academy at Milton; January 17, Exeter; January 20, St. Mark's at Southboro; January 27, Boston University Freshmen; February 7, Framingham High; February 12, Mountain Lakes Club; February 14, Newton High; February 17, Dartmouth Freshmen; February 20, Harvard Junior Varsity; February 22, St. Paul's at Concord; February 24, Yale at New Haven.

All candidates for Freshman hockey manager are to report at the Harvard Athletic Association on Friday, December 8, at 1.30 o'clock.