Charles Buddy Rogers Finds Boston Debutantes Satisfactory Yet Not Athletic---Prefer Piano

The principal difference between the Californian and Bostonian debutantes, according to Charles Buddy Rogers, who gave a hurried interview to the CRIMSON reporter last night, is that the girls in California believe in living full outdoor lives, with their riding, tennis, swimming, and other activities. "They aren't so much interested in the Junior League, and all that," said Mr. Rogers.

The actor-musician has had much contact with the local debutantes lately, as he has been presented over the radio every afternoon since his arrival, giving interviews to the Boston society girls. "They even turned out at the station to meet me," said he, "they're a swell bunch."

Met at the door of the elevator which runs to the stage floor by a fluttering flock of autograph hunting women, two B. U. students, working their way into a fraternity by getting autographed sheets of music, and the CRIMSON reporter, Rogers spent a busy five minutes scribbling his name on all sorts of paper and saying "Thank you," and smiling sweetly on the varied specimens of womanhood which clamored and pushed before him. The next moment his manager came to his rescue and whisked him upstairs to his dressing room. The manager explained to the reporter that Buddy had to make a dash from the theatre to the broadcasting station, return to the theatre for his next appearance, and then take his next time off for supper, returning immediately for another performance.

As the admiring flock dwindled, and while the B. U. fraternity candidates waited, the reporter was summoned to the dressing room. There, while selecting his necktie, and between dashes to the shower-room, with the air of a much interviewed man he replied to the reporter's questions. "Mary Brian" said he, "is the actress with whom I have gotten the most enjoyment from acting." Buddy avowed a preference for the piano above all other instruments which he plays. When asked what he thought of the Harvard indifference, he replied that his audiences in Boston had been very kind to him. "We were a bit afraid to come here at first, though," he admitted.

"I want to create a style with my band, or at least have a little individuality," Rogers explained. "There's lets of room for improvement." Operettas on the stage, and musical comedies on the screen are still, in the actor's estimation, the types of music most liked by the public. He agreed that jazz was leaning towards the classics.

"'Wings' was my most pleasant morning picture experience; I learned to fly a plane in it. My most unpleasant cinema experience was in making 'Five Cents a Glass,' which had to be shot over three times," he revealed.

Mr. Rogers went on to say that he considered his family his best audience and that his most famous audience had been "My friend, Prince George of England," with whom he had played darts. He doesn't like to rehearse new acts.