RELAY TEAM DEFEATED BY YALE IN B.A.A. GAMES

THREE CRIMSON RUNNERS PLACE IN OTHER EVENTS

Because of the brilliant performance of Kari Warner of Yale, Harvard's crack relay team met defeat Saturday evening at the 44th annual B.A.A. games in the Garden. He started on his anchor leg eight yards behind Captain Philip Dodge, and won largely through a terrific burst of speed on the back stretch of the second lap, by a margin of two yards. Locke, Calvin, and Morse were the other Crimson runners. The time was 3 minutes, 27 seconds.

In the 45-yard high hurdles, J. C. Grady '33 placed third, after surviving three preliminary heats. McLaughlin of Bowdoin won the event and Lockwood of Yale was second. The time was 6 seconds.

G. H. Bullwinkle 1L lost the 1000-yard run to Glenn Dawson, a member of last year's Olympic Team, in a close race. Leading until he was 30 yards from the tape, he was finally passed by Bonthron of Princeton, Calahan, of the B.A.A., and Dawson. The time was 2 minutes, 17 3-5 seconds.

Boston College won the two-mile relay. The Crimson team, composed of Rosen, Wiggins, Bowditch, and White, placed second.