Classics and Mathematics Tutors Answer Recent Crimson Questionnaire--Discuss Value of System

CRIMSON QUESTIONNAIRE OF TUTORIAL SURVEY PRINTED

1. Are you in general satisfied with the way in which the Tutorial System is organized or do you favor drastic changes?

2. Discounting the question of academic promotion, is your main interest in tutorial work, in course work, or in research?

3.How many years have you done tutorial work?

4.How many tutees have you?

5. How many tutees would you like to have?

6. Approximately how much time do you spend each week with candidates for honors--Seniors? Juniors? Sophomores?

7. Approximately how much time do you spend each week with men not candidates for honors--Senior? Juniors? Sophomores?

8. Do you, as a rule, have tutees make up written reports for you?

9. Is your time in tutorial conferences devoted mostly to a discussion of course work ( ), preparation for general examinations ( ), or topics outside the field ( )?

10. What percentage of you men respond to tutorial instruction and are genuinely benefited by it? (Apart from the practical consideration of preparation for generals.)

11. Assuming that some are not benefited, do you think that it would be wise to recognize this condition and establish two degrees--an Honors Degree, with tutorial instruction and general examinations, and a Pass Degree, in which tutorial instruction and general examinations are optional?

12. Please make any special comment you wish to on the back, of this sheet, either in amplification of answers to some of the above questions, of in the Tutorial System in general.