ALL ARRANGEMENTS ARE MADE FOR SNOW RACES

Chauncey and Bates Named Officials For Skiing Championship--Entries Close Thursday

Assured that there will be a larger number of entrants in the first Harvard downhill skiing championship than there was in the recent contest at Dartmouth, the Mountaineering Club has completed its arrangements for the championship, which will be held on Sunday at 3 o'clock on Mount Washington. The officials, it was announced last night, will be Henry Chauncey '27, assistant dean of Freshmen, and W.N. Bates, Jr. '29.

Yesterday 23 entries had already been received, and there was evidence of strong interest throughout the University. To encourage this the Club has extended the time before which all entries must be made to Thursday instead of Wednesday. Entries may be made on the bulletin Board in A-entry of Lowell House. There will be two classes: Class A for graduate students and members of the skiing team, and Class B for undergraduates.

The decision to divide the championship into two classes assures all those who are not first-class akiera a chance against fairly equal competition, for with two former members of the Dartmouth winter sports team, Donald Hight 3M and Marvin Chandler 1GB, together with the members of the Harvard ski team, H. R. Washburn '33, C. E. Angle '33, and H. S. Sise '34, entered in Class A the contest in that class should be extremely close.