FLUSH FACULTIES

Less than a week ago Mr. Robart of the Cambridge School Board denounced the "meddlers" whom he found were laden with advice always, but with donations rarely. His views, no doubt, coincided with those of a goodly number of citizens in university towns who have come to the conclusion that many professors can write and discourse most indefinitely on problems without offering very concrete solutions or material aid.

To confound Mr. Robart, there now comes the announcement of the formation of a Harvard faculty committee to assist in the work of Cambridge unemployment relief. Aid is offered in the tangible medium of service and currency. The committee premises complete cooperation with Cambridge authorities in soliciting contributions from the faculty for the purpose of alleviating the condition of the unemployed. In short, it does not conform to Mr. Robart's idea of a university committee, and faculty members of Harvard would do well to further destroy Mr. Robart's rather mistaken conception by contributing to the neighborhood relief fund.