HARVARD SKIERS RACE DOWN MT. WASHINGTON

Hight Wins Class A Event in Less Than Four Minutes--Hallowell Victor in Class B Race For Undergraduates

Under perfect skiing conditions, the Harvard Mountaineering Club yesterday held speed trials over the one-and-one-half-mile course down the Tuckerman Ravine Trail on the side of Mount Washington in order to pick four men to enter the Eastern Amateur Downhill Championships on Mount Moosilauke, N. H. on Saturday, March 12. With a turnout of 35 men, C. E. Angle '33, R. H. Hallowell '33, H. B. Washburn '33, and J. U. White '34 qualified. Honry Chauncey '27, Assistant Dean of Harvard College, was the chief official, and the affair was organized by Washburn, president of the Club.

The race was the first official one to be held on the new Mount Washington fire trail in Tuckerman's Ravine and consequently the time was a record one.

Class A--Won by Donald Hight 3M, 3 min., 55 sec.; Second, Augle, 3 min., 59 1-2 sec,; third, Marvin Chandler 1GB, 4 min., 5 sec., fourth, Washburn, 4 min., 19 sec.

Class B--Won by Hallowell, 3 min., 55 sec.; second, White, 4 min., 25 1-2 sec.; third, A. E. Ritchie '34, 4 min., 31 sec.; fourth, Malcolm Bancroft '33, 4 min., 40 sec.