HASTY PUDDING TO HOLD PRODUCTION LATE NEXT MONTH

Fewer Performances Will Be In Cambridge Than Usual--Boston and Wellesley On Schedule

Arrangements are now underway for the annual production of the Hasty Pudding Club show, which is to take place this year during the last week in March. Although a name has not been chosen for the musical comedy, the book and the lyrics have already been written by R. S. Hewlett, '33, and the music composed by E. E. Stowell '34.

The present plans include fewer performances in Cambridge than have been given in the last few years, with extra performances in Boston and Wellesley. The manager of the Club, Theodore Chase '34, is now in New York arranging for a possible Broadway showing.

The first try--outs for the eight or ten leading parts, the various minor roles, and the famed chorus, are to be held on Wednesday, March 15, with all members of the club being eligible for parts. Theodore Viehman, well--known New York director has been secured to direct this production, and as has been the custom in the past there are two acts, involving many different scenes.

Information has not been divulged as to the exact nature of the plot, but it is generally known that part of the play takes place on the ocean, and that the authors of the creation have been busy on the lyrics and music on and off for about a year.

Questioned concerning the recent Pudding Club book, "The Illustrated History of the Hasty Pudding Theatre," including a directory of its members, J. T. Dennison '34, one of the officers of the club, stated last night that the sale of the publications was more than realizing the cost, and that the deficit incurred last year is fast being recompensed.