99 MEN EMPLOYED THROUGH COLLEGE PLACEMENT OFFICE

Fifty-One Men Enter Field of Higher Education--Graduates Are Placed in Tutorial Positions

The Appointment Office, it was revealed yesterday afternoon, has aided 99 men in securing academic positions during the last year, representing a total earning power of $212,840. Adding to this amount the $2,519 earned by graduates of the University in positions as tutors, which they obtained through the Appointment Office, the total, in salaries, is raised to $215,359. The figures show a decrease in the number of positions filled over last year.

Approximately one-half of the earnings, or $105,345, were from college and university placements. Of the 99 men aided in securing jobs, 51 remained in the field of higher education; research bureaus are second in order, 12 men earning $34,650 in various forms of research work. The salaries of the 20 students placed in private or endowed schools practically equalled research salaries, with a total of $34,585.

The remaining institutions to use Harvard men included agricultural and mechanical colleges, technical, normal, and public schools, and museums. The salaries of this group totalled over $38,000.

Leading among other scholastic fields, instruction in English provided jobs for nine men in colleges and for three men in private schools. Chemistry came next, with five college and six school openings. Nine men got positions in college economic departments, and the same number of men were placed in fine arts, although five of this last group were employed expressly for museum work. College instruction in business administration supplied work for three men, and three more men were placed in the field of physical education in schools.