BOARD OF ELEVEN TUTORS IS SELECTED FOR BROOKS HOUSE

New Decorations Donated By Friends of Association--To Pick Commuters' Committee At Early Date

Eleven members of the Faculty of Harvard College have accepted the invitation of the Phillips Brooks House Association to form an unofficial group of tutors seeking contact with the large group of commuting students who make this building their noonday headquarters. The eleven men will not be present every day, but in their replies indicated what days in particular they could plan to attend; in this way a balanced list of tutors has been obtained to extend throughout the week.

The names of the faculty members are as follows: Andrew Banning, tutor in Theology, W. H. Cary '21, Assistant Dean of Harvard College, and assistant in English, N. R. Danielian '28, instructor in Economics, Raphael Demos '19, lecturer in Philosophy, J. J. Gergen, Benjamin Peirce Instructor in Mathematics, T. L. Harris, Adviser in Religion, J. M. Ide '29, Instructor in Physics, H. D. Locke '28, instructor in Economics, A. W. Samborski '26, instructor in Physical Education, H. M. Smyser, instructor in English, and G. H. Willis, instructor in Economics.

Lunchroom Redecorated

Through the interest of friends of the Association, according to Peregrine White '33, president, the lunchroom in the basement of Brooks House has been redecorated with foreign railroad posters, wall lampshades and new curtains, selected to harmonize with the table decorations. Within a few days, a cork bulletin board will be in place, to serve as the center of announcements as to athletics and meetings. Under the supervision of E. S. Amazeen sGB, Graduate Secretary of the Association, a sandwich concession has been grant- ed to two undergraduates, who will provide sandwiches priced downwards from five cents for the commuting students. Brooks House is supplying lunches for the tutorial staff. Cocoa and milk are also available at low cost.

At an early date the cabinet of Brooks House will announce a committee of commuters which will serve as the executive head of this large group. To this committee additions made by the commuters themselves will be received. The total number of members will be from five to seven.

This plan of bringing tutors and commuters into contact during the lunch hour is not designed by Brooks House officers as a rival to any of the restaurants which might be affected. It has been primarily planned for that number of approximately 150 men who for some time have made Brooks House their headquarters. The capacity of the House and its facilities will, however, be open to any other commuters who may wish to take advantage of them. All these arrangements are to go into effect immediately