FARRELL CHOOSES ENTRANTS FOR NEW YORK TRACK MEET

Three Additional Men Will Be Chosen Before End of Week--Expect Much Stiff Competition

Stating that three more men will be added before the end of this week, Coach Farrell yesterday announced the selection of 16 trackmen to enter the I.C.A.A.A.A. Meet in New York on Saturday.

With C. A. Pescosolido '34 selected as the Harvard entry in the 70-yard dash, four other sprinters will also make the trip to enter the one-mile relay. They are E. E. Calvin '35, J. M. Morse '34, T. F. Locke '35, and N. P. Dodge, Jr. '33. Harvard will be represented in the two-mile relay by G. P. Rosen '33, John Wiggins '33, J. B. White '34, and E. F. Bowditch '35, while Arthur Foote II, '33 will run for the Crimson in the two-mile run. A lone Harvard entry, J. S. Hayes '33 will run in the mile. The other Harvard sprinters, J. C. Grady '33 and J. J. Hayes, Jr. '34, will compete in the hurdles.

Dean, Healey in Shot

In the field events J. H. Dean '34 and J. J. Healey '34 have been entered in the 16-pound shot put, while Healey and Alfred Kidder II, '33 will throw the 35-pound weight. Calvin and Morse have also been entered in the running broad jump.

Indicating that he expected the fight for first place to be among N.Y.U., Yale, and Pennsylvania, Coach Farrell stated that he did not believe Harvard would place better than fifth, and to gain that position they would have a hard fight with Dartmouth and Manhattan.

With individual performances counting heavily, Harvard can count only on a good showing from the one-mile relay team. On the other hand, Coach Farrell sees victory for Mangan of Cornell or Bouthron of Princeton in the mile run and for Spitz of N.Y.U. in the high and broad jumps.