In the Graduate Schools

Statler To Be Scene of Second Ball of Annual Series

R. K. McConnaughey 3L and F.w. R. Pride 3L of the Edward Warren club won the first semi-final round of the Ames Competition of the Law school last night, defeating H. V. Colby 3L and D. A. Wieland '31 of the James Bryce Club. by decision of the judges. The case was one of common law marriage. The second semi-final round, the winners of which will meet last night's victors in the final court in January; takes place in Langdell Hall Center at 8 o'clock tonight.

Libellant Argument Given

The libellant based its argument on the following points: 1. The libellant has sufficiently shown a presently existing marriage to sustain an action for divorce in this court. 2. The pendency of the suit for divorce brought by the libellant against the respondent in 1925 does not bar this action. 3. The proper interpretation of the divorce statute of this jurisdiction of the facts found by the Mater's Report demand that the libellant be granted a divorce on the ground of desertion. 4. The respondent is not entitled to the divorce which she seeks in her cross-libel.

The judges of the court last nightwere the Honorable S. L. Moulton, justice of the Supreme Court of Vermont, Honorable R. L. Davis, Justice of the Appellate Division of the Superior Court of New York, and Honorable J. N. Proskaver. Justice of the Supreme Court of New York.

Judges for tonight's court will be: Honorable C. F. Stearns L '93, Justice of the Supreme Court Rhode Island, Honorable J. A. Lowell '91, United States District Judge for Massachusetts, and Honorable A. W. Johnson, United States District Judge for Pennsylvania. The clubs arguing the case are the cardoza Club, represented by Harry Brown 3L and LoganFulrath 3L, versus the Pollock-Choate, represented by H. F. Blumenberg 3L, and S. W. Livingston 3L.