FESLER NAMED TO SUCCEED WACHTER

Will Aid in Backfield During 1933-34 Bingham Announces--Wachter Not To Return Next Fall

Wesley Fesler, former Ohio State University all-round athlete, will coach the Varsity basketball team for the season 1933-34 and will be assistant backfield coach of the Varsity football eleven next fall, W. J. Bingham '16, director of Athletics, announced last night.

Fesler, who graduated from Ohio State with the class of 1931, starred in three major sports during his college career. He was an all-American end on the football team in 1928 and 1929, but played in the backfield his Senior year, thus depriving himself of an almost certain chance for his third season as an All-American player. In basketball he was an All-Conference guard for two years, and in his Senior year held the batting championship of the Ohio State baseball team. He has been coaching football and basketball for two years at Ohio State.

Wachter Will Not Return

The appointment of Fesler to these two positions is the result of his visit to Cambridge on January 28 at Bingham's guest. Although an agreement was reached at that time, no public announcement was made until last night. Coach E. A. Wachter, coach of this season's basketball team, will not be connected with any of the basketball teams next year. He will continue in his position as sculling coach this spring, but probably will not return to Harvard next fall. Fesler will take up his new duties here in September.