UNIVERSITY WRESTLING COMPETITION CONCLUDED

WRIGHT WINS FEATURE MATCH OF AFTERNOON

University wrestling championships were concluded yesterday afternoon in the Indoor Athletic Building as E. C. Ihrig 1L, a former captain and star of the Princeton grappling team, carried off the honors by clinching the 135-pound bout in one minute and 31 seconds, thereby winning his second medal this season in a University tournament.

Although successful in throwing R. H. I. Goddard 1GB in an affair he had all his won way, the clever Princetonian was defeated in the next division by D. G. Wright '34, an ex-Lehigh matman, in the feature match of the afternoon. Both men displayed a large number of holds, with first the one and then the other on top, but Wright piled up a time advantage of six minutes and seven seconds after ten minutes or rough and tumble fighting. In the 155-pound class, S. T. Clarke 1M, a former Stanford mat star, easily threw Hayden Estey '36 with a half-nelson and body hold after only two minutes and 27 seconds.

R. F. Warren 4M, one time mat captain at Michigan and all-conference star, carried away the 165-pound match when he piled up a time advantage of 9 minutes and 15 seconds over D. B. Dorman 1M, who was on the Crimson squad last year.