ALL VARSITY CREW MEN REPORT FOR RIVER WORK

FRESHMAN CREWS TO BE CHOSEN AFTER NEXT WEEK

For the first time this year all the Varsity crew candidates reported for a workout on the river yesterday afternoon, and Coach C. J. Whiteside began shaping his crew for the current season. The center of attention is focused on the number 3 seat, vacated by the graduation last spring of J. M. Erickson '32.

With this one exception, the crew is made up of veterans of last year's Yale race. At the present time there are seven possible successors to Erickson. Gridley Barrows '34 is now rowing number 3, but Coach Whiteside said yesterday that it was anyone's chance for a permanent place at that slide. The other possibilities are: A. L. Nickerson '33, J. W. Peirce '33, A. D. Robertson '33, Bradford Simmons '34, F. J. Swayze '33, and S. H. Wolcott '33.

Jayvees Make Progress

The Junior Varsity crew has been making good progress, according to Coach Whiteside. Only two members of last year's unusually good boat were lost by graduation, the stroke and number 4. The chief element of uncertainty is caused by the impossibility of knowing which oarsmen will be promoted to the Varsity. That question will not be settled definitely for a month.

The present seating in the Varsity boat is: stroke, G. J. Cassedy '33; 7, Robert Saltonstall, Jr '33; 6, W. B. Bacon '33; 5, Malcolm Bancroft '33; 4, R. H. Hallowell '33; 3, Gridley Barrows '34; 2, Edward Yeomans, Jr. 33; bow, W. H. Holcombe '33; cox, H. B. Bissell '33.

No definite Freshman crews have been picked yet, and Coach Bert Haines said yesterday that he did not expect to change the present seating arrangements for at least a week. Since the beginning of spring rowing the Freshman boats have been picked solely to suit the schedules of the oarsmen.