P.B.H. WILL HOLD MODEL ECONOMIC CONFERENCE

WILLIAMS WILL BE SPEAKER AT MEETING

A model world Economic Conference to consider the financial and mercantile problems now facing the world will be held on Friday, April 21, under the auspices of Phillips Brooks House, M. S. Knowles '34, chairman of the Foreign Student Committee, announced last night.

The Conference will be modeled after the World Economic Conference to be held at London this summer. It will be preceded by the selection and meeting of three commissions, which will study, respectively, war debts and reparations, gold and finance, and trade barriers. Each commission will be presided over by an instructor in the Department of Economics, and will spend the afternoon before the assembly of the Conference in drawing up a set of conventions of principles and rules for international negotiations.

Williams Speaks

J. H. Williams, professor of Economics, will discuss the problems now before the London Conference when the Model Conference meets in the evening, at 8 o'clock. An earlier meeting of the whole assembly will be held at 2.30 o'clock to elect officers. The commissions will meet at 3.30 o'clock. D. T. Smith, instructor in Economics, will preside over the war debt commission and A. E. Monroe '08, lecturer on Economics, will guide the discussion in the financial commission.

Members of the commissions will be chosen by the seven House Foreign Student Committees and by the Freshman Foreign Student Committee.