ECONOMIC CONFERENCE IS FINALLY ARRANGED

FOREIGN STUDENT COMMITTEES TO ELECT REPRESENTATIVES

Final arrangements for the model World Economic Conference to be held on Friday, April 21, under the auspices of Phillips Brooks House were made last night at a meeting of the chairmen of the seven House Foreign Student Committees and of the Freshman Foreign Student Committee.

According to these plans, all of the Foreign Student Committees will meet on Wednesday, April 12, in Phillips Brooks House to choose 27 men to serve on three commissions, which will discuss, respectively, war debts and reparations, gold and finance, and trade barriers.

One From Each House

One member of these different commissions will be chosen from each of the seven Houses, from the Freshman Class, and from the list of commuters. Students who are majoring in Economics will be given special consideration, although any member of the College is eligible. An instructor in the Department of Economics will preside over all the commissions meetings, and J. H. Williams, professor of Economics, will address the assembly of the entire Conference.

It is planned to have each Houses represent one country at the commission meetings. The following is the list of representatives: Adams House, Great Britain; Dunster House, France; Eliot House, Belgium, Kirkland House, Russia; Leverett House, Japan; Lowell House, the United States; John Winthrop House, Italy; the Freshmen, Germany; and the commuters, Spain.