LOWELL ARTICLE TO BE FEATURED IN RED BOOK

President Discusses Real Purposes of College Education--Last Day For Pledging Subscriptions

President Lowell has written a two-page article for the Freshman Red Book, R. W. Drury '36, editorial chairman, announced last night. The article deals with the real aims of a college education, based on the President's 24 years of service at Harvard. In it he points out that measures such as the House Plan and the tutorial system are only incidental.

The section devoted to President Lowell has been practically completed. It summarizes the high points of his administration and tells some amusing anecdotes concerning his life here. It has been decided to have only a poem instead of the usual divertissements. Most of the articles are written or are in preparation so that publication on the day of the Freshman Jubilee, is assured.

According to A. A. Bliss '36, advertising manager, the possibilities of a deficit this year are small. Special attempts have been made to interest parents in subscriptions in the final drive which ends today.