BOXING TOURNAMENT TO GET UNDER WAY TONIGHT

Preliminaries Take Place at 8 O'Clock In I.A.B.--Freshman Pugilists Relied On To Win Bouts

Preliminary bouts of the intramural boxing tournament will be held tonight at 8 o'clock in the Indoor Athletic Building. After weighing in at 3 o'clock this afternoon, about 30 graduates and undergraduates will mix gloves tonight in eight different classes.

The winners of bouts in the 115-pound, 125-pound, 135-pound, 145-pound, 155-pound, 165-pound, 175-pound, and unlimited classes will go on to the final bouts on Thursday night, March 9.

Although no Varsity boxing team members have signed up to enter the bouts, many members of the Freshman team will fight tonight. In the 175-pound class will be William Smith '36, who won his bouts against both the Coast Guard and New Hampshire by knockouts. J. L. Kunen '36, who also knocked out his opponent in the New Hampshire meet will fight in the 125-pound class. Samuel Zemurray, Jr. 1GB, runner-up at Tulane in the National intercollegiate light-heavyweight match last year, will be among the fighters in the heavyweight division, as will W. C. Brister 1GB, captain of last year's boxing team and end on Dartmouth's football team.