CRIMSON TO OPEN DOORS TO '35, '36 IN MEETING TONIGHT

Short Competition To End Before Final Examinations--Previous Experience Not Necessary

Members of the Class of 1935 and the Class of 1936 will have another opportunity to try out for the CRIMSON by attending a meeting at 7.15 o'clock this evening in the President's Office of the CRIMSON Building, 14 Plympton Street. Freshmen may compete for the News, Business and Photographic Boards, while the Sophomores will have a second opportunity to come out for the Editorial Board. The competitions will be seven weeks in length, closing before the examination period.

At tonight's meeting, which in no way obligates those attending, David Weld '34, president of the CRIMSON, will give a short explanatory talk on the nature of the competitions. Following this, the group will be shown about the CRIMSON building and the work of the specific Board in which each is interested will be explained by the person in charge of that particular department. No previous experience is necessary and there will not be a cut in any of the departments for at least a week.

Work of News Board

Candidates for the news board will be assigned a number of news sources which they will cover regularly, and after the first week will be encouraged to take a broader field for their efforts, getting interviews and "scoops" for which extra credit will be given. Editorial candidates will write one editorial a day on any subject connected with Harvard, or on matters of educational or national interest. Under the supervision of experienced editorial writers, their ideas will soon take form.

In the competition for the Business Board, candidates will learn the management of a daily paper and will form contacts with local and national business concerns for the purpose of getting advertising. Photographic men will learn the routine work of camera operation and film developing, and will soon be engaged in taking pictures of various types for the publication.

With the election of a new President of the University pending, the future development of the House Plan offering many innovations, the possibility of changes in the tutorial system, and with many problems created by the depression, the present time is a most interesting one to compete for a position on a board of a daily newspaper.