THE EPICURES PAY

The recent bungling effected by Mr. Endicott and his book-keeping cohorts occurred during the spring recess; and this time the law students residing under the aegis of the House system were the ones to suffer. Since the spring vacation of the Law School did not coincide with that of the college, these students migrated quite naturally to Lowell House for their meals which they understood would be at the usual weekly House dining hall rates. Later it was learned that those men had not been charged on a weekly basis, but a charge was levied separately for each individual meal.

Certainly the University authorities were fully aware of the date of the Law School recess and should have given definite warning to those students whom they knew would have to reside in the Houses that the weekly rate would not apply. Furthermore there is no reason why any student residing in the college during a recess should not be able to procure his meals at the weekly House rate. There is always a large attendance at Lowell House during vacations since many students who live a long distance from Cambridge find it impractical to return home. At the very least, a more effective method of making known a change in dining hall rates must be arranged.