TRIALS HELD TODAY FOR SELECTION OF DEBATERS

Winner of Tryout For Contest With Yale Will Receive Coolidge Prize of $100 On Night of Meet

The final tryout for the varsity debating team to meet Yale next week will be held today at 2.50 o'clock in Paine Hall. The Coolidge Prize of $100 will be awarded to the most outstanding speaker in the three tryouts, two of which were held yesterday and Friday.

Eleven men who have survived the first two trials for places on the debating team to meet Yale on April 28 will complete today for definite positions on the team and for the Coolidge Prize. The competitors are R. H. Amberg '33, F. deW. Bolman '35, J. B. Cahn '36, V. H. Kramer '35, H. M. Lawn '34, O. M. Lurie '35, M. J. Litwack '34, A. E. Phillips '34, S. M. Peyser '34, D. M. Sullivan '33, G. F. Oest '33. They will deliver a short speech on either the affirmative or negative of the subject: "Reselved, That the international traffie in munitions ought to be outlawed." The judges of the trials will be E. M. Rowe '27, coach of the team, W. S. Howell, instructor of Public Speaking, J. M. Swigert '30 F. C. Packard, assistant professor of Public Speaking, and Moses ware '02. The team to face Yale will be announced before Thursday. The winner of the Coolidge Prize will be announced according to tradition on the night of the Yale debate.