HANDICAP TRACK MEET GETS UNDER WAY TODAY

100 Entered as Annual Affair Starts At Soldiers Field Today--Hurdles Among Today's Events

With over 100 men entered in 15 events, the annual University handicap track meet will take place today and tomorrow at Soldiers Field. Today's events are the trials in the dashes and hurdles and the finals in the quarter and mile runs, shot put, javelin, and high jump. Tomorrow, the finals in the dashes and hurdles and all remaining events will be run off. Entries are open until the starting time for all members of the University and liberal handicaps will be given to all inexperienced competitors.

Winners of each race and field event will have his name engraved on the trophy from that event, and will receive a photograph of the trophy. Winners of second and third places will be awarded silver and bronze medals respectively.

Among the men who have already entered the tournament are E. E. Calvin '35, and N. P. Dodge '33, Varsity dash men, E. E. Record 1M, last year's track captain, Arthur Foote, II '33, captain of the cross country team, and J. J. Healey '34, Varsity hammer thrower.

Today's events begin at 3 o'clock and tomorrow's at 2.30 o'clock. There is a special cup of trophy for each of the 15 events. These trophies are all kept in the Dillion Field House.